Nov. 29, 2018 — Plex, a global streaming media company that brings all your favorite media types together in one top-rated customizable app, today announced it has partnered with global music streaming and entertainment platform, TIDAL. Plex members will have access to the largest high fidelity music streaming service with more than 60 million high-quality music tracks, 244,000+ videos, and unique editorial content. This partnership adds access to TIDAL into the Plex app, with an exclusive subscription deal that amplifies both services. Plex and TIDAL deliver two subscriptions to high-quality media services, for one price. Plex x TIDAL plans start at $9.99 per month USD ($8.99 for Plex Pass subscribers).
Plex users can enjoy TIDAL’s world-class music catalog, original and exclusive content, concert livestreams, and expertly curated playlists on its own, or to augment their personal music collections, seamlessly within their Plex apps. With Plex, TIDAL users will now be able to merge many of their disparate media apps, bringing their favorite music alongside podcasts, web shows, live TV, recorded movies and shows, and their own personal media collections.
Those interested in trying out Plex x TIDAL can sign up for a free trial. Plex offers a variety of subscription options, which can save users up to $60 a year off the price of both subscriptions. More information on packages can be found here.
“An incredible music and media experience is something that matters to both TIDAL and Plex users, and the addition of TIDAL’s music streaming service within Plex makes it the only solution that organizes and curates all major media types in one place,” said Keith Valory, CEO of Plex. “It’s another step closer to making all the media that matters to you accessible from one app, on any device, anytime.”
“Plex’s focus on high-quality content aligns perfectly with the unique music and content experience that TIDAL fans love. Partnering with Plex is part of our continued strategy of integrating TIDAL seamlessly into subscribers lives with a one-stop shop like Plex,” said Lior Tibon, COO of TIDAL.
At launch, TIDAL’s entire music catalog will be available on Plex. Other features include:
- Artist Recommendations: On the artist page, Plex will recommend other artists you might like that aren’t in your library.
- Filling in Missing Albums: Plex will show you any missing albums from artists in your library.
- Augmented Artist Radio: Enhances the Plex artist radio feature, which generates a mix from a specific artist, to include tracks from TIDAL.
- New Releases: New album release recommendations for artists in your library.
- Universal Playlists: Mix and match from your own library, shared libraries, and TIDAL.
- Universal Search: Hear about a new band? Our apps now return TIDAL results alongside matches from your library, for maximum convenience.
- Discovery Radio: Helps you discover new gems, from artists that are not in your library, based on the bands that are.
- Music Videos: Users will be able to enjoy TIDAL’s incredible 244,000+ music video collection across all of the Plex mobile and TV apps
The launch of music streaming with TIDAL follows the recent launches of Plex News, Plex Web Shows and Plex Podcasts, enabling Plex to deliver a variety of third-party content from some of the newest and most popular forms of digital entertainment. In addition, Plex is heavily focused on providing quality content recommendations across media types, helping customers to discover related podcasts, web shows and documentaries based on music or TV shows they enjoy, for example. The Plex recommendation and discovery features improve the more they are used, ensuring that they continuously get better at finding content that you’ll love.
TIDAL’s integration with Plex adds to TIDAL’s growing list of integrations illustrating the platform’s dedication to providing seamless listening experiences for its members.