As people have grown more comfortable with web based programs they have started asking Can you get TiVo online? The answer now is yes. TiVo Inc. announced a new service today, TiVo Online, which allows users to find what they want to watch from their cable package and streaming services from their PC.
“The tools available today to find what viewers most want to watch across all sources of programs are not comprehensive, not personalized, or are difficult to use. There just isn’t a great way to hone in on exactly what you care about and are most interested in – until now with TiVo Online,” said Tom Rogers, TiVo’s President and CEO. “TiVo Online is the service you can rely on to guide you right to what you want from cable and video on demand, streaming services and web videos and opens the renown value of TiVo’s search to find and connect straight to your favorite content in a simple, easy to use fashion. TiVo has always been the best way to watch TV, but now, TiVo Online becomes the trusted source for doing just that, and it’s free and easily accessible to anyone.”
TiVo subscribers will be able to stream live and recorded TV via their home network or launch titles with one click from supported programmers and streaming sites. The company will roll out an later this year that will allow anyone who registers for a free TiVo account to enjoy the same viewing experience enjoyed by current TiVo subscribers.
The new, free TiVo Online Includes:
- Unified Search: Search across shows, actors, and even networks to find where the content you want is available.
- What to Watch Now: Shows users categories of the most popular programing based on genres and themes.
- TiVo Guide: Quick access to a channel lineup to determine where and when your favorite shows are available
TiVo Online for active TiVo subscribers includes the following additional features:
- OnePass™ Creation and Management: Create, edit, or copy your OnePass selections from one DVR to another. TiVo OnePass gives users one place for all available content to be searchable and findable from within the ‘My Shows’ menu, whether the content is recorded from network television, or is available on supported programmers or from a streaming solution such as Hulu.
- Manage your ‘My Shows’ list: As you find shows you like online, add them to your ‘My Shows’ list to watch any time you’d like.
- Stream: Users can stream recordings or watch Live TV at home.
- To Do List: Users can view and manage upcoming recordings.