You thought that was a typo didn’t you? Nope just a play on the Walmart brand of in house electronics. Walmart’s ONN brand is partnering with Roku to offer a new smart TV with the Roku operating system built in. It is the ONN Roku TV. Walmart, which as is well known, markets to value seeking customers will be selling the 4k TV at a stunningly low price starting at $98.00.
Is this TV going to be the same as the models that cost $1,000 or more? No, of course not. TV aficionados who look at things like “true Black and True White” would probably shrug such a product off. But that part of the market is not what Walmart and Roku are aiming for with this launch. The idea behind this new TV product is putting something that can add value to a family’s evening and Friday night movie night. There are millions of Americans who have yet to dip their toes in the 4k world and products like this put it right at their fingertips.
What this TV offers is the biggest and most inclusive group of streaming apps on the market, an easy to use interface and despite the fact that it will not have the highest contrast in black and white display will give users a very nice picture that the average person would not be able to differentiate between it and the very best picture in a normal environment.
More on the ONN Roku TV
onn.™ • Roku TV
The first-ever onn.™ • Roku TV will be sold exclusively in-store at Walmart beginning Nov. 29 while supplies last. This exciting new addition to Walmart’s house brand will be available in three sizes including an FHD 40” model ($98 MSRP), 4K 50” ($148 MSRP) and 4K 58” ($198 MSRP). onn.™ • Roku TVs include:
- A simple home screen with easy-to-click icons for game consoles, HDTV antennas and more – located right next to favorite streaming channels
- Access to 500,000+ movies and TV episodes across thousands of paid and free channels plus The Roku Channel curated with thousands of free movies and TV shows
- Easy to use Roku remote and free Roku mobile app
- Automatic software updates including new streaming channels over time
- UHD viewing (40” is FHD)
- (3) HDMI ports
- (1 to 2) USB ports
- 60 Hz refresh rate
- Compatibility with popular third-party voice assistant devices