Sling TV has updated their DVR functionality to allow for more recording options for its users. The DVR function on Sling is an addon so, if you do not currently use DVR the updates will not affect your experience. Sling TV subscribers using Amazon Fire devices, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Xbox One devices can purchase 50 hours of DVR storage for $5 per month.
New updated features include:
- New channels – DVR subscribers can now record content on FOX channels, which include FOX local networks, FOX Sports 1 (FS1), Nat Geo and FX.
- New devices – Sling TV customers with Xbox One devices can now schedule, manage and watch DVR recordings. Cloud DVR support will be expanded to Windows 10, AirTV Player and iOS devices in the coming weeks.
- New features – Sling TV added the following highly-requested features:
- Protect – an option that lets customers keep a recording for as long as they are a DVR subscriber.
- DVR Folders – a setting that automatically groups shows from one series into a single folder.
- Record from Franchise – the ability to record a show or series from its franchise screen, so customers can see episodes available on demand and set a recording for new episodes as they come out.